Hands On Gelato Making Class (Sydney)
HANDS ON GELATO MAKING CLASS
$250 per person. Max 14 people per class CLASS TIMES: 9am – 12pm approx.
** all bookings in September get a free MESSINA TOTE too **
If you REALLY want to get into the nitty gritty detail and learn the finer details of how to make gelato the Messina way, book in for one of our brand new ‘hands on’ gelato making classes and become a Master Gelatierre! Each participant will create and pasteurise their own gelato or sorbet flavour using a Thermomix and learn how to plate the perfect dessert with the gelato you’ve made. You’ll come away knowing what to put in gelato, when to put it in, and how much is juuuuust right. Plus we’ll teach you how to whip up some other elements pretty handy for impressing guests at your next dinner party. All in the loving and helpful hands of our head chefs and gelato experts!
Class numbers are smaller than our GELATO APPRECIATION CLASS (limited to 14 people) so you’ll get more time and more attention from with our chefs.
- You’ll head straight to Messina HQ where you’ll be greeted by our chefs who will serve you a little breakfast treat to get off on the right foot. Something with a Messina twist, paired perfectly with a cheeky latte perhaps. At the same time we’ll wax lyrical about Messina and tell tall tales about big fish and unbelievable conquests (or maybe we’ll just give you a bit of history and interesting info about what makes us a little different to other gelato pushers).
- Now it’s time to get makin’ – the class is divided into groups of 3-4, with each student having their own workstation and each group being allocated their own Messina chef.
- You’ll get down and dirty and learn the whole process of gelato making from start to finish. Then into the kitchen it goes to get churned into gelato!
- While your gelato is churning, we’ll teach you how to make other elements (e.g. sauces, pralines, meringues etc) which will compliment the gelato you’ve just made when served as a dessert. We’re not a one-trick-pony you know - we’ve got baking skills!
- Once your gelato is ready, it’s time to get creative and attempt to create an impressive plated dessert using your gelato and the other elements you’ve made.
- Throughout the class you will indulge in a GELATO DEGUSTATION of plated desserts – a menu created especially for each class. We like to get creative, so these are pretty special – you won’t get to try them anywhere else!
- When class is over, you’ll get to take home tubs of what you made (including the sauces and pralines) and maybe even a job application for the Messina factory. Sorry, you can’t take the chefs. We need them.
- You’ll also leave with a copy of our book ‘Gelato Messina – The Recipes’ so you can start your own gelato business…we’ll be keeping tabs! We also have a new book 'Messina: The Creative Department' which will look fab on your coffee table. You can add this to your class order and we'll have one ready for you.
**Allergies - we're afraid we can't cater for specific allergies at our classes - feel free to let us know in your booking, and we'll do our best to accomodate, but it can't be guaranteed**
- Create and pasteurise your own gelato or sorbet using a Thermomix
- The elements to add to your gelato to create the perfect plated desserts (and how to make them)
- A new found level of gelato eating appreciation
- A gelato degustation of plated desserts – a menu created especially for each class
- A little (gelato based) breakfast treat to get off on the right foot
- To take home the gelato you made in class
- A little bit of Messina love
- A copy of our book ‘Gelato Messina – The Recipes’ (included in ticket price - if you'd like to also purchase a copy of the new book, you can add this to your order)
- ** all bookings in September get a free MESSINA TOTE **
- Just your appetite for gelato!
Casual (loose pants might be a good idea)
Gelato lovers and the gelato-curious
For any cancelations made within 3 weeks of the bookings, no refunds will be possible. Cancellations made outside this period will be fully refunded.
Any cancelations made within 3 weeks of the bookings, no refunds will be possible.
Cancellations made outside this period will be fully refunded.